Sunday, December 17, 2006

ITIL -- we have a winner for a higher level process

Recently, I looked into ITIL. For more info, this is a good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITIL#Certification

Before using ITIL, I have been using XP/Agile, RUP/UP, CMM, and ISO 9000. Believe it or not, those things are not high-level enough. I remember that I have to work with many people to help to create a higher level process to incorporate best practices for doing both support and development.

ITIL is a good fit for the higher level process.

As always, deep in my heart, I advocate we maintain a healthy dose of cynical attitude to any processes. However, it is good to have a reference when you are in the activities in helping to create a high level process. It introduce some objectivity: not everything is about politics after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home