Wednesday, June 27, 2007

resharper 3.0, XML in the WPF/ASP2.0 age, AOP is the king, IoC is just implementation details for AOP

I have just bought resharper 3.0, out of my own pocket -- I do not want the company to decide what tool I use ;-) -- actually, perhaps I will get it reimbursed -- or not -- the point is, if not, it is still worth it -- I need its XML help for the spring!

Spring is so nice; I did not touch spring for a while, and suddenly it turns out to be a full-featured AOP framework! It is so nice -- and the java smell, smells so good!

Because nowadays XML support is so good, especially after those heavy duty exercises in WPF/XAML and ASP 2.0 (both encourage XML typing, of course, with intellisense), the XML from spring is really a piece of cake. I have to admit that springframework have figured it all out, and it is many steps ahead of us. XML is the way to go. Yes, I am now officially withdrawing my anti-XML stand; I am now a fan of XML. Long live XML! SQL, C#, and XML – the three layer is also a triad.

Regardless, I am glad that I choose spring as the “default” architecture for my work. Everything now is build around spring.

However, I has been always right on one thing: the key is AOP, not IoC. IoC is really just a necessary tool for AOP, because non-build-in AOP cannot use “new”, it must use factories. So, forget about IoC, it is just “implementation details”, the meat is AOP.

I also like spring's non-OR data handling. I love OR mapping. However, spring's non-OR data is so elegant.

I am an absolute fan of spring now. It is the time for jumping into spring now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting I also have made the same decision of buying Resharper. Right now using the eval copy
see point no 11
http://vikasnetdev.blogspot.com/2007/04/agile-methodology-domain-driven-design.html

I may also buy the profiler.

After reading your posts, I am getting the feeling that I have to play with spring.net.
Vikas

6/30/2007 07:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps your using resharper is part of the source of my decision! I definitely read your blog, around the time I was thinking to make big changes of everything.

As for validation app block VAB, I have to beg to differ ;-)

1. Spring.net also has one, a better one. It is almost that EntLib 3.X has everything that spring has, just not as good.
2. VAB is part of the whole thing, even it is easy; to put the whole EntLib 3.X there, it is not a good thing to do, especially you can use spring.net.
3. As you point out, the batch validation, also, it does not store the info of failed validation, etc. I do not know what they are thinking!

4. Perhaps it is reversed FUD: for anything about enterprise computing from M$, you need to be extremely careful. You can never assume anything. There is always something in the corner that you do not pay attention will bite you -- their thinking is so weird, you almost feel that they intentionally try to screw you up. I know, they are becoming better slowly, still, I do not trust M$. I still remember the pain of EntLib 2X and typed dataset! -- so, this time, I will not use EntLib 3.X. I am very curious to hear other people’s result though – even I anticipate that I will say “told you” -- I honestly hope EntLib 3.X is good enough to use, so that EntLib 3.X is not a totally failure, so that I can use it to promote spring.net, or, as a fallback, actually use it if necessary.

survic

6/30/2007 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home